All photos and text are property of Dave Forney and may not be used without express permission.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Joy!

Happy Birthday Joy!!! I sure wish I could be there to help you celebrate. But since I'm on the other side of the world, I thought I'd give you a birthday shout out here. I set it up last week, to post automatically, and I've never done that before...so hopefully it works. :)

This could go over really big (earn me some serious browny points)...or it could totally backfire. I mean, I didn't exactly get your permission to show these pictures, and I can just hear you groaning as you scroll down. But common, these are some real classics here. The logging picture from Alaska...the semi-automatic, pistol-toting, porquipine killer picture?--these are classic shots that people need to see. What other georgous gal gets out and does this kind of stuff? You're amazing!

At least I'm thousands of miles away, in case you don't share my enthusiasm for showing these pictures to the rest of the world. :)

Anyway, I was just thinking how unbelievably blessed I am to have you as my beautiful, Godly, amazing, talented, loving, caring... etc. etc. bride and best friend! You've been by my side from the Arctic Circle to the Equator, and you've always managed to make our house into a peaceful, warm, inviting home no matter where and what we have to work with.

I love that you are my kids' mommy. You honor the Father and you honor me through your passion and desire to love and train and raise our children to know and glorify Him. I'm so proud of you! Happy Birthday! Now get up and go get a big Diet Coke and enjoy the day. You deserve it!







Oh, and good luck in the big 5k!

5 comments:

Be Thou Exalted said...

How sweet! Happy Birthday, Joy!

Kristi said...

That is so sweet! It brought tears to my eyes. I pray that you are blessed for being so dear to your wife...thinking this out ahead of time, putting all those wonderful words in this post for her...I'm sure it's a real blessing for her! I love the pictures! I hope Joy has a wonderful birthday and I know this will help when she sees it!

Zaankali said...

This is so cool! I think you made up for being so far away on her birthday.
Happy Birthday Joy!

C.G. Koens said...

Very nicely done Dave. We tried calling your beautiful wife, but just got your voicemail - which, of course, brought tears to Peter's eyes knowing that you weren't there to talk to. ;-)

Brownie points big time when she sees this - well done!

And Happy Birthday to Joy!!

Steve and Laura said...

DUDE....Did you get a new camera?