All photos and text are property of Dave Forney and may not be used without express permission.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Going to the Philippines

I'm leaving today for the Philippines.   I'll be assisting MAF in giving logistical support to NTM Aviation as they bring desperately needed relief supplies to remote islands devastated by Super Typhoon Haiyan.  They're operating two fixed-wing aircraft and a small helicopter which were already serving in in the Philippines prior to the typhoon.

I appreciate your prayers for Joy and the kids while I'm gone.  Also, please pray for traveling safety and safety in our relief operations in the Philippines.   Mostly, continue to pray for the tens of thousands of people so profoundly affected by this disaster and struggling to survive, or coping with the loss of those who didn't.  Pray that Christ's love would be evident in and through the help that we bring.

It depends on the Internet and time available, as to whether or not I'll be able to post anything here while I'm gone.  I'm also not entirely sure how long I'll be gone.  If I'm able, I'll post an update here once in a while.  Meanwhile, I'm sure MAF and NTM will have updates on their websites.

Thanks!
Dave


No comments: