All photos and text are property of Dave Forney and may not be used without express permission.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Karamoja Trip (Part 1 of 4)

We're back from Karamoja and it was an incredible experience!  I had every intent to write a big story to share with you last week about everything we did, but it's been so, so busy since we got back.  I didn't even have time to do a blog post last week, and now it's Sunday night again (after another week) and I still haven't written anything.


So the really quick version is that we visited many different lay pastors in their remote village locations, listening to their hearts, hearing their concerns, and challenges, and triumphs, and learning how our church in America can assist them in future pastoral training seminars.  Then we spent some time praying with and for each one.  It was a blessing to be a part of that.  Many times it was heartbreaking to hear about all of the trials that these amazing families face each and every day--things that we so often take for granted in the west.  But even more than that, it was sobering to see the challenges that the pastors and their families face as it relates to the exploding growth of the Church, and the opposition that they frequently face in these places that are steeped in very strong animistic beliefs and traditions.

Unfortunately I only have a few minutes right now, and this is another very busy week, so I need to leave it there for now.  I'm just going to throw up some quick photos for you to see.  They include, among other things, a shot of our little team that travelled around, the beautiful Karamojang people, one of our flat tires, praying with the pastors, the Karamojang cows and scenery, and other stuff.  These are just a few of the many hundreds of photos I took.  In fact, I haven't even looked at all my pictures yet--been too busy.  I'm sure at some point I'll share some more with you. :-)  Enjoy.



















1 comment:

Sandy said...

So glad you were able to give some much needed emotional and prayer support to these pastors and churches.
I will be praying for your busy season that you will be productive and that you will have the strength you need.
In Christ,
Sandy in the UK